When chemical accidents such as major occupational accident occurs in high-risk work places among chemical product manufacturers subjected to PSM, we investigate the cause of accident systematically and scientifically to prevent the same type of and similar accidents and also study and analyze the cause of accident with the cases of chemical accidents inside and outside Korea and establish improvement measures that are used in providing technical supports and training to work places concerning the prevention of chemical accident.
The work places eligible for the support for the investigation of the cause for chemical accident are work places subjected to PSM and the work places that had chemical accident such as fire, explosion, and leakage due to hazardous chemical substances.
- Chemical accidents including fire, explosion, and leakage in accordance with Article 44 of the Occupational Safety and Health Act
- Chemical accidents caused by 51 chemical substances in Annexed Table 13 of the Enforcement Decree of the Occupational Safety and Health Act (excluding flammable liquid and flammable gas)
- Chemical accident that caused fatalities or injuries due to fire, explosion, and leakage in PSM site
- Fire, explosion, and leakage accident that evoked social criticism (if the Ministry of Employment and Labor support is requested)
Also, we study and analyze the cases of chemical accidents with implications inside and outside Korea and distribute the outcomes of the study to be used while providing technical support to work places or for training.
- Study cases of accidents and publish and distribute the outcome of study into the materials that include the cause and background of accident, preventive measure, and related laws
- Post the cases of chemical accidents to KOSHA homepage